Arielle                    Erin              Jeni              Sheri

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Merry Christmas and some news...


Hello friends! 

Thank you so much for stopping by. Christmas is almost here, and this is probably one of the darkest seasons for me, and much of my family. It's been difficult to concentrate on so many levels. I am sincerely sorry for the challenge being so abandoned like this... but honestly, I have had nothing left at the end of each day to even think of logging on to my computer.

My grandmother passed away the Sunday before Thanksgiving, just when we thought things were looking up. She and my grandfather were married for 64 years. He is 91, and they were always together. I can't imagine the loss he feels. My mother was with her at the time, and her sadness is at a depth I've never seen. I try to help, and try to comfort, but I don't always feel I am. Telling the kids was the hardest thing I think I have ever done. 

My 15 year old bird, Kiwi, passed away the next Sunday. He was family, too! I will miss his crazy call of the Amazon, and his little chirping at the birds outside on the windchime hanger.

The very next Sunday, Jeff's father passed away unexpectedly. Jeff drove the 13 hours to Virginia to help clear his things and put him to rest without us. I was terrified he wouldn't make it back, but some of that could have been my delirium from strep, Yes, that's right, throughout all this the kids were sick a day or two each week for three weeks in a row, then Maisie got strep, and then I got it around the time Jeff left. Good news is he made it back yesterday (and made me go to the doctor today!). His dad had our Christmas card ready to go. And instead of signing his name, and a short message of love, he actually wrote a personal note to each of us. Like he knew.

So it's Christmas. I am trying to make it as normal as usual. But fighting the sadness not only for yourself, but your husband and kids and mom this time of year AND keep things normal is unreal. And I am So.Not.A.Superwoman. 

But Christmas is about our Savior's birth, family and love. And we're trying to concentrate on that. We are reminiscing and loving each other and trying to find simple joys this season. And we KNOW that's the gift of Christ's birth gives us assurance of being with these loved ones again. And that is a peace you can feel and hold onto.

I keep thinking about this verse. I shared it with the kids when trying to explain that when you love Jesus with all your heart, you rejoice in the day you can go home. Our real home in Heaven. And Meme and Jerry are rejoicing, and we should try to not be so sad.

For we live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away 
from the body and at home with the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:7-8 NIV

Have the most blessed Christmas season! I hope you spend it with people you love, and if you aren't able, adopt someone! I will in the meantime get myself back together and see you back here in the New Year with new sketches!

Big hugs,

34 comments:

  1. {{{hugs}}} I am sorry to hear of so many losses within such a short time. May the Lord strengthen you all, and grant you great comfort in the memories of times past and time shared together during the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arielle, so sorry for all the grief and loss that you have gone through. It really sounds like when it rains, it pours. Know that bad things happen to good people and that is a good book to read with kids just about events like these. Wish you peace and strength during these difficult times. Remember, to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arielle, I'm praying for you and your family as you grieve and have to face the Christmas season. Your faith, friends and family will see you through it all! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My sweetie! I am so terribly sorry for you & your families loss. (Hugs) and you are a Superwoman you just don't know it! Please take care of yourself and get well. I will keep you all in my prayers. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear such news. I am praying for you and your family in this time of grief and sadness. Take care of your self and take as much time off as you need. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arielle, I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine how difficult all of this must be. Keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you strength and peace. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness that was a lot to take. Thinking of you and sending healing vibes. Family first is my motto. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for all your loss. Take care of yourself and keep up the good spirit. Hugs, Keti

    ReplyDelete
  9. My heart is aching for your family's losses. It is good to hear that you have the Lord to carry you through. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Arielle, I am so very sorry for all of your losses. I pray you'll find peace and comfort in the knowledge that your loved ones are worth the Lord, and that the wonderful memories you have will sustain you in the future. God is good...all the time, and He is embracing you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so much to take all at once. I'm so sorry for your loss and sorrow. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so much to handle all at once. I'm so sorry for your losses and your sorrow. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry to hear of all of this. If you would like some help making cards for your challenges please send me a note. I'd be happy to help you out in the new year. I've always loved your challenges and I know how overwhelming such tragedies can be. Rebeccacell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry for all of the loss your family has suffered, Arielle. I am sorry that it has happened when it seems like the rest of the world is celebrating. It is because Jesus came to earth that we can rest in the assurance that are loved ones truly are in a better place and that we will be reunited with them for eternity. That may not help a lot right now when you are in the depths of grief, but please try to remind yourselves and rest in the hope we have in Christ! I pray that God will give all of your family the peace that can only come through Him. I pray that He will heal the illnesses you and your family have been dealing with and will restore your health to 100%. I pray that He will give you strength to face each day and will help you with every step you take. I pray that friends and family members will be there to support you during this difficult time. I pray that you will continue to trust in Him. He will get you through this, no matter how hard it seems. You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers daily.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute card! Love the different textures, color choices and embellishments, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. On the sadder note: so sorry for your losses; thank goodness your faith sustains you and your family in this time of deep sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, so much sadness. I'm so sorry for the losses of your loved ones. Sending prayers for you and your family.
    Our family experience something similar years ago when my sister-in-law passed away unexpectedly just after thanksgiving, our dog of 17 years passed and then that January my dad passed away. It's so much for a person to have to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I think we all forget that this time of year may not be as joyous for everyone as it us for some. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so very sorry for your losses. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending cyber hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sorry for your losses...I feel your pain and also feel the knowledge that we will someday see them again...it helps...but we still miss them much. How is it that they never told us how to live without them? We will grow and learn to live without them, but it takes time. Wishing you the peace of Christ this Christmas and I will keep you in prayer for the Lord's Comfort...perhaps all the memories of the great times spent with them...it is what helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bless your heart! I know some of the pain you are feeling. My dear grandmother passed away a year ago October and it was SO hard. She helped me so much after my mom died when I was only 9 1/2. It was like losing a mom all over again. To have so many losses so close together is unfathomable. So glad that you know Jesus and can lean on Him to get you through this time. I am sending you lots of Jesus sisterhood hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sorry to hear this sad news for your family! Family loss is difficult to deal with, but especially at this time of year...we lost my Dad the day after Christmas going on 11 years ago, and our grandmother (his mother) passed away in early November 2 years ago. May The Lord give you comfort during this trying time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry to hear all this sad news, wish you strengh and send you lots of love from Holland! Take care....
    grtz.Colien

    ReplyDelete
  24. Arielle, I don't know you personally but your news brought tears to my eyes. I'm taking a moment right now to pray for strength and comfort for you and your family as you deal with these losses during the holiday season, but I'm also so thankful to hear your loved ones are with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Life has been throwing a lot at you this past few months. I am really sorry your family and yourself had to go through all the hardship. The Holidays are certainly harder to celebrate when some of our nearest and dearest aren't there with us, so I'm sending you a virtual hug and I hope you manage to find a little bit of comfort being surrounded by the rest of your family. My thoughts are with you.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is so heartbreaking! I am deeply sorry for all that you are going through right now, Arielle. I can't imagine being thrown and hit so hard with so much loss. Stay strong. My thoughts are with you. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. lifting you and your family up in prayer...god bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so sorry for all the sadness in your heart. I know it is a heavy weight to carry and I pray it gets easier for you. Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm so sorry to hear this sad news for your family! Hugs, Karo (Germany)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am so sorry for all your losses. What a difficult time for you. Prayers for you and your family and healing wishes too! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So sorry for your losses. Sending thoughts for comfort and healing to your family.

    ReplyDelete